- june 2018 -"driving with lucretius"nc literary review (print)
- january 2018 -"farm nights"nclr online
[Finalist: 2017 James Applewhite Poetry Prize]
when i walk to the barn at nighti wear a headlamp
like a minerlike a surgeon
and sometimes i am[ . . . ]
- june 2018 -"severance"nc literary review (print)
- june 2018 -"deciphering the oracle"philosophical idiot
perhaps mothers of diapered babiesdo this too: examine each new shit produced.
the horse was sick last week. milesof tangled intestines stalled & stilled. stagnant.
so here i am, bending & peering into the miraclepile he’s just made, searching for meaning
like a priest of delphi straining to interpret [...]
- may 2018 -"florida fauna suburbia"the cabinet of heed
they don’t even hide anymore,the snakes in the ferns, draping slack & slick& blue-black across giant fingered fronds.
lizards skitter away but come right backto catch dinner. quick dart towardants hauling a husk of grasshopper,[ . . . ]
- july 2016 -"waterfall"nc literary review (print)
[Nomination: Pushcart Prize][2nd Place: 2015 James Applewhite Poetry Prize]
At five I asked my grandfatherwhat happens to the Chesapeakewhen it stops there at the skyand he told me about the giant waterfallforever tumbling off the edge of the Earth.You’ve never heard of it? he asked.[ . . . ]